Family Friendly Contemporary
IN CENTRAL MENLO
Set on a lot of more than .27 acres in Central Menlo a short stroll from downtown, this beautiful custom home will offer timeless luxury blended with the best of modern sustainability. This is a land sale with permit and an anticipated construction start of Spring 2021, this luxury residence is nearly entirely energy self-sustainable, and features solar panels, a circulating hot water system, 13 separate heating/cooling zones, air filtration, and highly insulated walls for year-round temperature control.
Designed by Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc. and an outstanding local engineering team, this light-filled home features a flexible floor plan designed specifically for multi-generational living, remote working, and home entertaining. With multiple gathering spaces perfect for entertaining, the ground floor opens out to a spacious backyard with ample room for both soft play areas and a generous pool and spa. The kitchen overlooks an open dining and family room, which connects to a generous covered patio through a disappearing wall of glass.
Offering 7 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, and over 6,590 square feet of living space spread over 3 levels, this home is ideally suited for the active, eco-conscious large family. A ground level ADU is perfect for a parent, older child, or additional income, or can be used as part of the main residence. Topping it all off is a location within walking distance from downtown Menlo Park, with top-ranked public and private schools nearby.
ABOUT THIS HOME
- Set on a lot of more than .27 acres (12,028 square feet, per survey) in Central Menlo, this beautiful home offers 7 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, and 6,590 square feet of living space (per architect)
- Address will be changed to Cotton Street upon receipt of building permit
- This house will be highly sustainable, featuring solar panels, a circulating hot water system, high-end air filtration, state of the art heating and cooling with multiple zones per floor, and highly insulated walls for year-round temperature control
- With striking roof lines and refined materials, this distinctive design presents outstanding contemporary aesthetics
- 10’ ceilings at ground floor and basement, 9’ ceilings at 2nd Great room has a 12’ ceiling clad with clear western red cedar
- A glassy 3 level landscaped atrium bring light and greenery into the center of the house
- Walls of glass on 2 levels open to the spacious and private backyard
- The dining area is open to the kitchen, which features slab countertops, a suite of Thermador appliances including an induction cooktop, and a walk-in pantry with 2nd refrigerator
- The family room includes a built-in entertainment center, fireplace, and a wall of glass that opens to the backyard patio. A continuous band of frameless clerestory windows brings in soft light throughout the day without compromising privacy
- Multiple bonus living areas including formal living, loft/lounge, ADU living opening to the pool deck, and basement rec room, gym, home theater, and wine room/wine bar.
- Interior design service by Studio S Squared’s interiors team included in sale price (inquire for more details)
- The expansive master suite overlooks the backyard and features an oversized walk-through closet, private balcony, and a spa-like en suite bathroom with two vanities, a soaking tub, and curbless shower
- Three additional en-suite bedrooms on the 2nd floor, perfect for a large family.
- Two ground floor en-suite bedrooms, perfect for home office and guest
- One additional en-suite in basement overlooking garden court
- All bedrooms feature walk in closets and option for either shower or tub/shower combination
- A delightful front courtyard with corten steel walls welcomes you to the home
- Covered front porch with built in bench
- Smart use of corner lot creates an expansive courtyard feel in the backyard
- Excellent mature privacy screening on both interior lot lines
- This home also includes an attached 2-car garage, as well as ample driveway parking
- Sport court, which can also be used for overflow off-street parking
- A convenient laundry room is located just off the garage, as well as upstairs laundry
- Ground floor powder room and basement gym bathroom with option to convert to a dry sauna
- This great location puts you mere moments to downtown Menlo Park, close to Venture Capital centers along Sand Hill Road, and offers easy access to Interstate 280
- Acclaimed public and private schools are nearby, including Oak Knoll Elementary, Hillview Middle, Sacred Heart, and Menlo School (buyer to verify)